Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

I’m into…

 Objective:    To talk about what I am into.


Vocabulary and Pronunciation

fillet [fi-ley]

He carefully filleted the fish with a sharp knife.

 

grilled [rɪld] 

We're planning to grill some chicken and burgers at the cookout.

 

hotpot /ˈHät ˌpät/

Shabu-shabu is a Japanese Nabemono hotpot dish.

dipping sauce

/sôs/

The sliced ​​meat and vegetables are cooked boiled in water then served with a dipping sauce.

technique [tek-neek]

What technique is used in cooking crispy and juicy fried chicken?

glaze [gleyz]

What do you use to glaze the grilled fish?

 

Phrases

I'm into (something)[to be into something means that you are interested in it]

            What are you into?

            … I'm into fishing.

            … I'm into cooking.

            … I'm into playing the guitar.

            … I'm into the arts.

            … I'm into computers.

I'm really into … [ the person is very interested in the subject or activity he or she is talking about.]

            What are you really into?

                     I have been practicing the guitar for years now, I'm really into it.

I'm really into cooking fish that I have learned the different ways to make fish dishes.

 

Conversation Practice: I'm into fish dishes.


A: Aside from being into guitar playing, what else are you into?       

BI'm into cooking fish dishes.       

A: Really? Care to share about your fish dishes?       

B: I usually go fishing, then cook all the fish I caught.       

A: Fishing requires patience. You must be a patient person. So, what kind of fish do you usually catch?

B: A yellowtail fish, which I fillet. Then cook according to what I want.       

A: I heard about Teriyaki. What is it?       

BTeriyaki is a cooking technique used in Japanese cuisine in which foods are broiled or grilled.       

The fish could be yellowtail, marlin, skipjack tuna, salmon, trout, and mackerel - which is mainly used in Japan, while white and red meat - chicken, pork, lamb, and beef - is more often used in the West.

          My Teriyaki is also grilled then sweetened with soy sauce, mirin, and Japanese Saki. I use honey instead of sugar though.

A: That seems really appetizing. It shows you are really into fish dishes.

B: That's right. I am really into fish dishes. In fact, I often cook at home.